Pharmaceutical & Therapeutics Committee
The Texas Pharmaceutical and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee meets quarterly to develop recommendations for the Preferred Drug List, considering the clinical efficacy, safety, cost-effectiveness, and program benefit associated with drug products.
Members of the public who wish to testify must register at the meeting site between 8-9:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting.
Registrants must identify on the form their name, address, their represented organization, and the therapeutic drug class and the specific drug(s) on which they will be giving testimony. Registrants are required to disclose on the registration form and in their opening testimony if they are speaking on behalf of any organization or pharmaceutical manufacturer.
Each pharmaceutical manufacturer will be limited to one speaker for each drug product under review. Testimony may be time limited at the direction of the chairperson and may be limited to restrict redundant or repetitive testimony.
Written materials relating to drug classes scheduled for review may be submitted for consideration. Materials in excess of 2 pages in length should be submitted by mail only and should consist of 12 copies for distribution to committee members. Please provide all necessary written materials at least three weeks prior to the next committee meeting date.
Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program / MC-2250
Attention: P&T Committee
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
4900 North Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78751
By email: TxPandT@hhsc.state.tx.us
Documents pertaining to the committee:
- Meeting Minutes
- Committee Recommendations
- Committee Decisions
Texas Government Code requires the appointment of committee members by the Governor and that the committee consists of six physicians and five pharmacists actively participating in the Medicaid program.
- Harris Hauser, M.D. (Chairman), (Houston)
- Donna Burkett, M.S., R.Ph. (Vice chairman), (Austin)
- Virgene “Gene” Adams, R.Ph. (Frisco)
- Mario R. Anzaldua, M.D. (Mission)
- Oralia V. Bazaldua, Pharm.D. (San Antonio)
- L. Michelle Farmer-Driscoll, Pharm. D. (Spring)
- Rene Garza, Pharm. D. (Austin)
- Melbert “Bob” Hillert, M.D. (Dallas)
- Scott T. Schams M.D. (College Station)
- Dawnelle J. Schatte, M.D. (Houston)
- Carl D. Tapia, M.D. (Houston)