Pharmaceutical & Therapeutics Committee
Changes Coming To DUR Board in 2016
Beginning in 2016, the Texas DUR Board will be responsible for reviewing and recommending outpatient pharmacy clinical prior authorization edit criteria, reviewing drugs and drug classes for preferred/non-preferred drug status, and developing recommendations for the Medicaid preferred drug list. Applications for membership will be available online in the weeks ahead. . Learn more about the DUR Board.
Meeting Date & Location Change
The P&T Committee meeting originally scheduled for Friday, October 23, has been moved to Friday, November 6, and will be held at the Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center (CCRC) Auditorium. The CCRC is located at 4800 North Lamar Blvd., in Austin, south of HHSC Headquarters (see map and directions).
The Texas Pharmaceutical and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee meets quarterly to develop recommendations for the Preferred Drug List, considering the clinical efficacy, safety, cost-effectiveness, and program benefit associated with drug products.
Members of the public who wish to testify must register at the meeting site between 8-9:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting.
Registrants must identify on the form their name, address, their represented organization, and the therapeutic drug class and the specific drug(s) on which they will be giving testimony. Registrants are required to disclose on the registration form and in their opening testimony if they are speaking on behalf of any organization or pharmaceutical manufacturer.
Each pharmaceutical manufacturer will be limited to one speaker for each drug product under review. Testimony may be time limited at the direction of the chairperson and may be limited to restrict redundant or repetitive testimony.
Written materials relating to drug classes scheduled for review may be submitted for consideration. Materials in excess of 2 pages in length should be submitted by mail only and should consist of 12 copies for distribution to committee members. Please provide all necessary written materials at least three weeks prior to the next committee meeting date.
Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program / MC-2250
Attention: P&T Committee
Texas Health and Human Services Commission
4900 North Lamar Blvd.
Austin, TX 78751
Please note that usage of this email address is only for Vendor Drug Program advisory board meetings. Materials received off-cycle or unrelated to the business of the advisory board are not accepted and will not answered.
Documents include meeting agendas, minutes of prior meetings, the recommendations about which drugs to place on the preferred drug list, and final decision summaries.
- Friday, July 24, 2015
- Friday, April 24, 2015
- April 24, 2015 Agenda
- April 24, 2015 Meeting minutes (PDF)
- April 24, 2015 PDL Recommendations (PDF)
- April 24, 2015 PDL Decisions (PDF)
- Friday, January 30, 2015
- January 30, 2015 Agenda
- January 30, 2015 Meeting minutes (PDF)
- January 30, 2015 PDL Recommendations (PDF)
- January 30, 2015 PDL Decisions (PDF)
- Friday, November 21, 2014
- November 21, 2014 Agenda
- November 21, 2014 Meeting minutes (PDF)
- November 21, 2014 PDL Recommendations (PDF)
- November 21, 2014 PDL Decisions (PDF)
- Friday, August 22, 2014
- August 22, 2014 Agenda
- August 22, 2014 Meeting minutes (PDF)
- August 22, 2014 PDL Recommendations (PDF)
- August 22, 2014 PDL Decisions (PDF)
- April 11, 2014
Texas Government Code requires the appointment of committee members by the Governor and that the committee consists of six physicians and five pharmacists actively participating in the Medicaid program.
- Harris Hauser, M.D. (Chairman), (Houston)
- Donna Burkett, M.S., R.Ph. (Vice chairman), (Austin)
- Virgene “Gene” Adams, R.Ph. (Frisco)
- Mario R. Anzaldua, M.D. (Mission)
- Oralia V. Bazaldua, Pharm.D. (San Antonio)
- L. Michelle Farmer-Driscoll, Pharm. D. (Spring)
- Rene Garza, Pharm. D. (Austin)
- Melbert “Bob” Hillert, M.D. (Dallas)
- Scott T. Schams M.D. (College Station)
- Dawnelle J. Schatte, M.D. (Houston)
- Carl D. Tapia, M.D. (Houston)