How to use this website’s pharmacy lookup.
The lookup allows users to search for information about pharmacy providers, including:
- The 6-digit vendor ID number assigned by HHSC.
- The 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI).
- The pharmacy license number.
- The name of the pharmacy.
- The name of the city where the pharmacy is located.
Filters are available to identify specific subsets of the data:
- “HHSC region” identifies the geographic location of a pharmacy.
- “Program” identifies which programs the pharmacy has agreements to participate in.
- “Delivers” identifies those pharmacies that provide a no-cost delivery service to clients.
The lookup allows different combinations of text and filters to be used. When searching by name or city, the string of letters entered will return all records that match that string. For example, a search of "Ac" will return records for “A-Care” through “Action”. To capture all records, enter the percent symbol (“%”) as your criteria in any text field. If your search does not produce the expected results, refine the criteria making it less specific, such as entering only the first letter of a name.
The lookup will return results that match the initial criteria, including:
- Vendor ID number
- State license number
- Pharmacy name, address, and phone number
- Applicable program
Users can click the pharmacy’s NPI on the returned results to obtain specific information about that pharmacy, including:
- Pharmacy contact
- Program-specific coverage
- Not all pharmacies identified on this lookup are open to the public.
- The pharmacy data is updated weekly, on Monday or the first non-holiday day of the week.
- The pharmacy data is also available as a semicolon delimited text file that can be downloaded and viewed locally. The downloaded file must be imported into a spreadsheet/database application to be viewed properly.
- Please contact the Vendor Drug Program if this lookup is unavailable or for questions about the data returned.
- Sometimes web browsers show old data in search results. To ensure that your browser shows the most up-to-date version of a webpage, hold the Shift key down on the keyboard and, at the same time, use the mouse to click the refresh/reload icon of your browser. This will force the browser to download the latest version of the data.