The formulary drug database file contains all drugs available in Medicaid, CHIP, and other state programs. HHSC updates the database weekly.
Users can search the database by submitting a combination of the following fields:
- Drug name
- 11-digit NDC
- Manufacturer name
- Preferred drug class
- Clinical prior authorizations name
Users can also filter findings by selecting the following:
- By program
- By identifiers
- All drugs requiring non-preferred prior authorization
- All drugs requiring clinical prior authorization in fee-for-service Medicaid
- All family planning drugs
- All drugs requiring 90% use before a refill
- All over-the-counter drugs
- All injectable drugs
- All Medicare Part B cost-share drugs
- All Medicare Part D wrap-around drugs
- All long-acting reversible contraception drugs
The search results return the brand and generic name of the drug, the NDC and manufacturer name, PDL class name, identifiers for PDL and traditional Medicaid clinical prior authorization requirements, and the name of state programs in which the drug is allowed. Users can click the hyperlink in the Brand Name/Generic Name column for more details.
The drug details include general drug information, fee-for-service pricing, and program coverage. Drugs requiring fee-for-service clinical prior authorization include a link to the prior authorization criteria document.