Beginning April 1, all pharmacy providers will use the Provider Enrollment and Management System PEMS) to enroll, re-enroll, and revalidate in Texas Medicaid. PEMS automates and streamlines the provider enrollment process, making it significantly easier for pharmacy providers to complete their applications. TMHP only processes standard pharmacy enrollment applications (non-COVID-19-related ) in PEMS.
Due to the ongoing public health emergency, provider revalidation end dates are extended. TMHP will contact pharmacies 120 days before their enrollment end date to inform them when to begin the revalidation process.
Effective March 30, 2021, PEMS computer-based training (CBT) modules are now available for pharmacies to guide the enrollment and revalidation processes. Topics in these modules include:
- General Information
- New Enrollment
- Provider Management
Providers can find the training on the TMHP Learning Management System (LMS). An LMS account, including username and password, is required to access training courses. Refer to the LMS Registration and Navigation Job Aid for Providers (PDF) for instructions on creating an LMS account.
A checklist of required documentation and additional help is available on the PEMS Instructional website.
- Changes to Pharmacy Enrollment and Revalidation Begin April 1 (March 2)
- Revalidation Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Pharmacies: Set Up a TMHP Learning Management System (LMS) Account and a TMHP User Account for PEMS (Dec. 31)
- Vendor Drug Program information (tmhp.com)
- For support with PEMS, contact the TMHP Contact Center at 800-925-9126.
- For pharmacy enrollment questions not related to PEMS, email email@example.com or call the HHS Pharmacy Benefits Access Help Desk at 1-800-435-4165.