HHSC is reopening the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) season for certain regions. Providers may start monthly palivizumab (Synagis) prophylaxis treatment for all eligible clients beginning on the dates shown in the table below.
Region 3 - Dallas-Fort Worth
Region 5 - Southeast Texas
Region 6 - Gulf Coast
Region 7 - Central Texas
Region 9 - West Texas
Region 10 - Upper Rio Grande
Region 11 - Lower South Texas
Region 4 - Upper East Texas
|July 9||Region 8 - Upper South Texas|
Region 1 - High Plains
Region 2 - Northwest Texas
MCO medical directors are allowed to end the RSV season by service area if they can demonstrate to HHSC the local polymerase chain reaction test virology has dropped below 3% positivity for two consecutive weeks. HHSC will continue to monitor the situation in all regions and announce any other season changes.
The prior authorization request process will not change, and forms remain available.
- Published June 10 for regions 3, 6, and 11
- Updated June 16 to include region 7
- Updated June 21 to include regions 5, 9, and 10
- Updated June 24 to include region 4
- Updated July 2 to include region 8
- Updated July 16 to include regions 1 and 2