- Originally published July 22, 2022
- Updated Sept. 12, 2022
- Updated Sept. 28, 2022
- Updated Dec. 31, 2022
The July 2022 Medicaid Preferred Drug List is available. This update includes changes approved at the July and November 2021 Drug Utilization Review Board meetings. The document includes formulary and prior authorization information, notations for drugs requiring clinical prior authorization, the review schedule, and appendices for cough and cold products, iron oral agents, and prenatal vitamins products.
- July 28, 2022, Medicaid Preferred Drug List (PDF)
- Published July 22, 2022
- Revised Aug. 10, 2022
- Revised Dec. 31, 2022
- Preferred Drug List Process
- Preferred Drug Documents
- Preferred Drug List Criteria Guide (PDF)
- Drug Class Review Schedules
- Preferred Drug List Recommendations
- Preferred Drug List Decisions
- Non-preferred Prior Authorization Information
- Obtaining prior authorization
- Texas Drug Utilization Review Board Documents
Drugs with preferred status drugs may include brand name medication which would not require a PDL prior authorization nor the value of "1" in the "Dispense as Written (DAW) Product Selection code" field (408-D8). Refer to the Dispense as Written section of the Drug Policy chapter of the Pharmacy Provider Procedure Manual for more information.
The PDL changes will appear in the Epocrates drug information system. Epocrates does not mirror the HHSC designations differentiated by dosage form. In these situations, Epocrates accompanies the designation with an explanatory message.