Texas covers select mosquito repellents for people in the following programs:
- Medicaid (both traditional and managed care)
- Children's Health Insurance Program
- Children with Special Health Care Needs Services Program
- Healthy Texas Women Program
Claims for mosquito repellent must use the appropriate prescriber National Provider Identifier (NPI) as directed in the pharmacy claims submission table, below.
|Client's Healthcare Provider||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Dr. Van Ramshorst (as of May 1, 2019)||✓||✓|
Covered products have been selected based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and include the recommended active ingredients that are effective against the Zika virus. Refer to the list of covered products in the Mosquito Repellent chapter (PDF) of the Pharmacy Provider Procedure Manual for more information.
- Medicaid and CHIP prescription template (PDF)
- Healthy Texas Women Program prescription template (PDF)
- for Clients (English) (PDF)
- for Clients (Español) (PDF)
- for Pharmacies (English) (PDF)
- for Prescribers (English) (PDF)