Texas covers select mosquito repellents for people in the following programs:
- Medicaid (both traditional and managed care)
- Children's Health Insurance Program
- Children with Special Health Care Needs Services Program
- Healthy Texas Women Program
Claims for mosquito repellent must use the appropriate prescriber National Provider Identifier (NPI) as directed in the Pharmacy Claims Submission table, below.
|Dr. Glenn (ends Apr. 30, 2019)||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Dr. Van Ramshorst (begins May 1, 2019)||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Client's Healthcare Provider||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Covered products have been selected based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and include the recommended active ingredients that are effective against the Zika virus. Refer to the Mosquito Repellent Products Assistance Chart (PDF) for covered products. The chart may change as additional mosquito repellents are added to the formulary.
- Mosquito Repellent Products Assistance Chart (PDF)
- Prescription Templates
- for Clients (English) (PDF)
- for Clients (Español) (PDF)
- for Pharmacies (English) (PDF)
- for Prescribers (English) (PDF)