Texas covers select mosquito repellents for poeple in the follwing programs:
- Medicaid (both managed care and fee for service)
- Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program
- Healthy Texas Women (HTW) Program
Claims for mosquito repellent must use the appropriate prescriber National Provider Identifier (NPI) as directed in the Pharmacy Claims Submission table, below.
|Client's Healthcare Provider||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Covered products have been selected based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and include the recommended active ingredients that are effective against the Zika virus. The Zika Products Pharmacy Assistance Chart (PDF) includes covered products. The chart may change as additional mosquito repellents are added to formulary.
March 30, 2017
Zika Products Pharmacy Assistance Chart
- Zika Products Pharmacy Assistance Chart (PDF)
- Zika Notice for Clients (English) (PDF)
- Zika Notice for Clients (Español) (PDF)
- Zika Notice for Pharmacies (English) (PDF)
- Zika Notice for Prescribers (English) (PDF)