Pharmacies enrolled with the Vendor Drug Program are in a unique position to assist people enrolled in Medicaid with access to an array of pharmacy benefits. Pharmacy staff should contact the Vendor Drug Program with questions about these benefits or to request assistance with in-house training.
Free Continuing Education Credits
Texas Health Steps offers more than 40 continuing education courses to enhance your ability to provide pharmacy services to Medicaid-eligible children in Texas. Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians can earn category one credit accredited by the Accreditation Council of Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
Training Opportunities for Pharmacy Staff
Texas Health Steps
- Accredited Pharmacy Continuing Education module
- Five-minute Dispenser’s Guide to Texas Medicaid Outpatient Pharmacy Benefits quick course
TMHP Computer-Based Trainings
Pharmacy DME CBT
- Provides DME and pharmacy DME providers information and resources necessary to enroll in Texas Medicaid as a DME provider and provide DME and supplies to Texas Medicaid clients.
- Pharmacy DME CBT
TMHP Learning Management System
- Run computer-based training modules
- Listen to or read transcripts of past webinars