The DUR board is composed of 20 total members: 17 physicians and pharmacists who provide services across the entire population of Medicaid recipients and who represent different specialties, two representatives from Medicaid managed care organizations as nonvoting members, and a consumer advocate representing people enrolled in the Medicaid program.
Physicians and pharmacists positions
- Robert L. Hogue, M.D., F.A.A.F.M. (Brownwood) (Chair)
- Oscar W. Brown, M.D. (Galveston) (Vice-chair)
- J. Nile Barnes, Pharm. D., BCPS (Dripping Springs)
- Scott Blaszczyk, Pharm.D., BCGP (Dallas)
- Deborah E. Briggs, M.D. (Austin)
- Deeatra S. Craddock, Pharm. D, BCACP (Carrollton)
- Jennifer Fix, Pharm. D (Burleson)
- Summer A. Keener, Pharm. D (San Antonio)
- Alejandro D. Kudisch, M.D., D.F. A.P.A. (McAllen)
- Mark Lacy, M.D. (Lubbock)
- Jill N. Lester, Pharm. D. (Dallas)
- Thanhhao T. Ngo, Pharm. D. (Austin)
- Richarad Noel, M.D. (Spring)
- Kim Pham, Pharm.D. (Dallas)
Managed care positions
- Salil V. Deshpande, M.D., M.B.A. (Sugar Land)
- Joseph J. Vazhappilly, Pharm. D., M.B.A. (Irving)
- Molina Healthcare of Texas
Consumer advocate position
- Dennis A. Borel (Austin)
Vacancies and application process
The Texas HHS Executive Commissioner (or designated agent) appoints board members. Questions on membership and candidacy can be directed to Texas HHS by email.
HHSC will accept applications for physician (an specialty) and pharmacist until April 18 (news).
The following positions are vacant:
- One physician, obstetrician/gynecologist (term to end Aug. 31, 2020)
- One physicians, any specialty, non-managed care representative (term to end Aug. 31, 2020)
- One pharmacist, non-managed care representative (term to end Aug. 31, 2020)
April 17, 2019
Having Trouble Viewing or Downloading a Form?