Texas Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program
What We Do
- Enrolls pharmacy providers that want to provide Medicaid and CHIP services;
- Manages the State of Texas Medicaid and CHIP formularies;
- Processes out-patient pharmacy prescription claims for Medicaid fee-for-service, the Texas Women's Health Program, the DSHS Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program, and the DSHS Kidney Health Care (KHC) program.
Watch these multi-part guides to learn about dispensing Texas Medicaid prescriptions, DME, and pharmacy prior authorization:
Chapters include Obtaining a Prior Authorization, Dispensing a 72-hour emergency supply, Confirming eligibility, and Durable medical equipment.
Chapters include Preferred Drug List, E-Prescribing (E-Rx), and 72-hour Emergency Prescription Claims.
Texas Dual Eligible Integrated Care Project
November 17, 2014
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission is proposing a new way to serve people who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid, known as dual eligibles. The goal of the project is to better coordinate the care those individuals receive. More about the Texas Dual Eligible Integrated Care Project.
2015 Schedule for Vendor Drug Program Advisory Committees
November 10, 2014
The 2015 schedule for meetings of the Drug Utilization Review Board and Pharmaceutical & Therapeutics Committee have been announced. More about advisory committees.
I want to ...
- Search the formulary and drug PA status
- Download the latest Preferred Drug List
- Find clinical edit criteria
- Submit a 72-hour emergency override of a PA-required drug
- Learn about continuing education opportunities
- Verify client eligibility
- Learn about managed care
- Access weekly payment
- Find a pharmacy
- Find a prescriber
- Download manuals, payer sheets, and more