Texas Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program
What We Do
- Enrolls pharmacy providers that want to provide Medicaid and CHIP services;
- Manages the State of Texas Medicaid and CHIP formularies;
- Processes out-patient pharmacy prescription claims for Medicaid fee-for-service, the Texas Women's Health Program, the DSHS Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program, and the DSHS Kidney Health Care (KHC) program.
Watch these multi-part guides to learn about dispensing Texas Medicaid prescriptions, DME, and pharmacy prior authorization:
Chapters include Obtaining a Prior Authorization, Dispensing a 72-hour emergency supply, Confirming eligibility, and Durable medical equipment.
Chapters include Preferred Drug List, E-Prescribing (E-Rx), and 72-hour Emergency Prescription Claims.
2014-15 Synagis Season Begins
August 26, 2014
The 2014-15 respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) season begins October 1, 2014. Providers may begin requesting authorization September 1. More about the 2014 Synagis season.
STAR+PLUS Expands Statewide September 1
August 21, 2014
On September 1, the STAR+PLUS Medicaid managed care program will expand to the Medicaid rural service areas and be available statewide. More about the pharmacy resources available for this expansion.
I want to ...
- Search the formulary and drug PA status
- Download the latest Preferred Drug List
- Find clinical edit criteria
- Submit a 72-hour emergency override of a PA-required drug
- Learn about continuing education opportunities
- Verify client eligibility
- Access weekly payment
- Find a pharmacy
- Find a prescriber
- Download manuals, payer sheets, and more