Texas Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program
Pharmacies to Prepare For New Enrollment Process
September 15, 2015
Beginning this fall, pharmacy providers that want to participate in the Vendor Drug Program and in managed care networks must enroll as new applicants in accordance with the Affordable Care Act of 2010. More about the pharmacy enrollment changes.
Schedule & Location Change For Pharmaceutical & Therapeutics Committee meeting
September 15, 2015
The next Pharmaceutical & Therapeutics Committee meeting will occur Friday, November 6. More about the P&T Committee.
What We Do
- Enrolls pharmacy providers that want to provide Medicaid and CHIP services;
- Manages the State of Texas Medicaid and CHIP formularies;
- Processes out-patient pharmacy prescription claims for Medicaid fee-for-service, the Texas Women's Health Program, the DSHS Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program, and the DSHS Kidney Health Care (KHC) program.
Watch these multi-part guides to learn about dispensing Texas Medicaid prescriptions, DME, and pharmacy prior authorization:
Chapters include Obtaining a Prior Authorization, Dispensing a 72-hour emergency supply, Confirming eligibility, and Durable medical equipment.
Chapters include Preferred Drug List, E-Prescribing (E-Rx), and 72-hour Emergency Prescription Claims.
Rebate-Eligible Drugs Reinstated on Formulary File
September 10, 2015
Certain rebate-eligible drugs removed from the Texas Medicaid Formulary have been reinstated, and pharmacy staff can resubmit claims. More about the these drugs.
I want to ...
- Search the formulary and drug prior authorization status
- Download the Preferred Drug List
- Learn about managed care
- Review clinical edit criteria
- Submit a 72-hour emergency override
- Learn about continuing education opportunities
- Verify client eligibility
- Access my weekly payment
- Download manuals, forms, and more
- Find a pharmacy
- Find a prescriber