Texas Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program
Managed Care Expansion Resources
March 1, 2015
What We Do
- Enrolls pharmacy providers that want to provide Medicaid and CHIP services;
- Manages the State of Texas Medicaid and CHIP formularies;
- Processes out-patient pharmacy prescription claims for Medicaid fee-for-service, the Texas Women's Health Program, the DSHS Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program, and the DSHS Kidney Health Care (KHC) program.
Watch these multi-part guides to learn about dispensing Texas Medicaid prescriptions, DME, and pharmacy prior authorization:
Chapters include Obtaining a Prior Authorization, Dispensing a 72-hour emergency supply, Confirming eligibility, and Durable medical equipment.
Chapters include Preferred Drug List, E-Prescribing (E-Rx), and 72-hour Emergency Prescription Claims.
Changes To Ingredient Cost Calculation, Dispensing Fee
March 1, 2015
Later this fall VDP will change how it prices drugs and reimburses pharmacy providers by changing the ingredient cost and dispensing fee. The new rates include ingredient costs that differ by pharmacy type and a dispensing fee formula that contains a variable component. More about ingredient cost and dispensing fee changes.
I want to ...
- Search the formulary and drug PA status
- Download the Preferred Drug List
- Learn about managed care
- Review clinical edit criteria
- Submit a 72-hour emergency override
- Learn about continuing education opportunities
- Verify client eligibility
- Access my weekly payment
- Download manuals, payer sheets, forms, and more
- Find a pharmacy
- Find a prescriber