Texas Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program
VDP Pharmacy Enrollment Application Now Available
November 2, 2015: All new and currently-enrolled pharmacy providers that want to participate in VDP and in managed care networks will be required to enroll using the VDP Pharmacy Provider Enrollment Application. Completed application packets may be mailed to HHSC. More about the pharmacy enrollment process.
Applications For DUR Board Membership Accepted Until November 20
October 16, 2015: HHSC seeks applications from individuals interested in serving on the Texas Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board. Applications are being accepted between now and November 20. More about the DUR board.
What We Do
- Enrolls pharmacy providers that want to provide Medicaid and CHIP services;
- Manages the State of Texas Medicaid and CHIP formularies;
- Processes out-patient pharmacy prescription claims for Medicaid fee-for-service, the Texas Women's Health Program, the DSHS Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program, and the DSHS Kidney Health Care (KHC) program.
Watch these multi-part guides to learn about dispensing Texas Medicaid prescriptions, DME, and pharmacy prior authorization:
Chapters include Obtaining a Prior Authorization, Dispensing a 72-hour emergency supply, Confirming eligibility, and Durable medical equipment.
Chapters include Preferred Drug List, E-Prescribing (E-Rx), and 72-hour Emergency Prescription Claims.
Rebate-Eligible Drugs Reinstated on Formulary File
September 10, 2015
Certain rebate-eligible drugs removed from the Texas Medicaid Formulary have been reinstated, and pharmacy staff can resubmit claims. More about the these drugs.
I want to ...
- Search the formulary and drug prior authorization status
- Download the Preferred Drug List
- Learn about managed care
- Review clinical prior authorization criteria
- Submit a 72-hour emergency override
- Learn about continuing education opportunities
- Verify client eligibility
- Access my weekly payment
- Download manuals, forms, and more
- Find a pharmacy
- Find a prescriber