Texas Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program
What We Do
- Enrolls pharmacy providers that want to provide Medicaid and CHIP services;
- Manages the State of Texas Medicaid and CHIP formularies;
- Processes out-patient pharmacy prescription claims for Medicaid fee-for-service, the Texas Women's Health Program, the DSHS Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program, and the DSHS Kidney Health Care (KHC) program.
Nursing Home Transition to STAR+PLUS Moved to 2015
March 18, 2014
To allow more time to address stakeholder concerns, HHSC has postponed moving nursing facility residents into STAR+PLUS Medicaid managed care to March 1, 2015. HHSC will continue working with stakeholders to ensure a successful transition. More about Medicaid Managed Care Initiatives.
I want to ...
- Search the formulary and drug PA status
- Download the latest Preferred Drug List
- Find clinical edit criteria
- Submit a 72-hour emergency override of a PA-required drug
- Learn about continuing education opportunities
- Verify client eligibility
- Access weekly payment
- Find a pharmacy
- Find a prescriber
- Download manuals, payer sheets, and more