Texas Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program
What We Do
- Enrolls pharmacy providers that want to provide Medicaid and CHIP services;
- Manages the State of Texas Medicaid and CHIP formularies;
- Processes out-patient pharmacy prescription claims for Medicaid fee-for-service, the Texas Women's Health Program, the DSHS Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program, and the DSHS Kidney Health Care (KHC) program.
Watch these multi-part guides to learn about dispensing Texas Medicaid prescriptions, DME, and pharmacy prior authorization:
Chapters include Obtaining a Prior Authorization, Dispensing a 72-hour emergency supply, Confirming eligibility, and Durable medical equipment.
Chapters include Preferred Drug List, E-Prescribing (E-Rx), and 72-hour Emergency Prescription Claims.
Long-Acting Reversible Contraception Products Available August 1
July 25, 2014
Beginning August 1, 2014, long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) products will be available as a pharmacy benefit of Texas Medicaid and Texas Women's Health Program. More about LARC products.
Adjudication Changes for Dual Eligible Clients
July 18, 2014
VDP will update the fee-for-service (FFS) Medicaid pharmacy claim processing system for clients eligible for Medicare Part D. More about the July 2014 changes for dual eligible clients.
Clinician-Administered Drugs Resources
July 1, 2014
Medicaid and the Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program may reimburse providers only for clinician-administered drugs and biologicals whose manufacturers participate in the CMS Drug Rebate Program and that show as active on the CMS list for the date of service the drug is administered. More about Clinician-Administered Drugs resources.
I want to ...
- Search the formulary and drug PA status
- Download the latest Preferred Drug List
- Find clinical edit criteria
- Submit a 72-hour emergency override of a PA-required drug
- Learn about continuing education opportunities
- Verify client eligibility
- Access weekly payment
- Find a pharmacy
- Find a prescriber
- Download manuals, payer sheets, and more