Texas Medicaid/CHIP Vendor Drug Program
Pharmacy Benefit Change for Cough and Cold Products
July 3, 2015
On July 29, VDP will implement an automated process to deny claims for cough and cold products for children under the age of 2 for fee-for-service clients. More about the cough and cold change.
What We Do
- Enrolls pharmacy providers that want to provide Medicaid and CHIP services;
- Manages the State of Texas Medicaid and CHIP formularies;
- Processes out-patient pharmacy prescription claims for Medicaid fee-for-service, the Texas Women's Health Program, the DSHS Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program, and the DSHS Kidney Health Care (KHC) program.
Watch these multi-part guides to learn about dispensing Texas Medicaid prescriptions, DME, and pharmacy prior authorization:
Chapters include Obtaining a Prior Authorization, Dispensing a 72-hour emergency supply, Confirming eligibility, and Durable medical equipment.
Chapters include Preferred Drug List, E-Prescribing (E-Rx), and 72-hour Emergency Prescription Claims.
I want to ...
- Search the formulary and drug PA status
- Download the Preferred Drug List
- Learn about managed care
- Review clinical edit criteria
- Submit a 72-hour emergency override
- Learn about continuing education opportunities
- Verify client eligibility
- Access my weekly payment
- Download manuals, payer sheets, forms, and more
- Find a pharmacy
- Find a prescriber