The Texas Drug Code Index includes program-specific formularies for the following programs:
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program
- Healthy Texas Women (HTW) Program
- Kidney Health Care (KHC) Program
Managed care organizations are required to adhere to the Medicaid and CHIP formularies. These formularies include all legend and over-the-counter drugs. In addition, some vitamins and minerals and home health supply products are also available as a pharmacy benefit.
Some drugs on the Medicaid formulary are subject to one or both types of prior authorization, clinical and non-preferred.
October 3, 2018
National Prescription Drug Take Back Day Takes Place Oct. 27
August 23, 2018
Medication Synchronization Available September 1
- Drug Addition Process (PDF)
- Texas Drug Code Index Certification of Information (HHS Form 1326)
- Drug Shortage Notification (HHS Form 1315)