The Texas Drug Code Index includes program-specific formularies for the following programs:
- Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Services Program
- Healthy Texas Women (HTW) Program
- Kidney Health Care (KHC) Program
Managed care organizations are required to adhere to the Medicaid and CHIP formularies. These formularies include all legend and over-the-counter drugs. In addition, some vitamins and minerals and home health supply products are also available as a pharmacy benefit.
Some drugs on the Medicaid formulary are subject to one or both types of prior authorization, clinical and non-preferred.
April 20, 2018
National Prescription Drug Take Back Day is April 28
March 6, 2018
Members Sought for Drug Utilization Review Board
March 2, 2018
Opioid Cough and Cold Restriction Update
- Drug Addition Process (PDF)
- Texas Drug Code Index Certification of Information (HHS Form 1326)
- Drug Shortage Notification (HHS Form 1315)