The Pharmacy Index Search is updated weekly. Users should enter one of the following pieces of information:
- The 6-digit vendor ID number assigned by the state
- The 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- The pharmacy state license number
- The name of the pharmacy
- The name of the city, county, or ZIP code where the pharmacy is located
Filters are available to select subsets of the data:
- "Region" identifies the geographic location of a pharmacy; refer to HHS Region (PDF)
- "Program" identifies the state programs the pharmacy is enrolled with (e.g. CHIP, CSHCN, HTW, or KHC)
- "Delivers" identifies pharmacies that provide a no-cost delivery service
- "Mail Order" identifies pharmacies that are mail-order services
Different combinations of text and filters can be used. When searching by name or city, the string of letters entered will return all records that match that string. For example, a search of "Ac" will return records for "ACare" through "Action". To capture all records, enter the percent symbol (“%”) in any text field. If your search does not produce the expected results, refine the criteria making it less specific, such as entering only the first letter of a name.
The returned search results will match the initial criteria identified.
Users can click the pharmacy name on the returned results to obtain specific information about that pharmacy, including:
- Pharmacy contact
- Program-specific coverage
- The Pharmacy Index data file is available for download.
- Not all pharmacies identified on this search are open to the public.
- Please contact us if this search is unavailable or for questions about the data returned.
- Sometimes web browsers show old data in search results. To ensure that your browser shows the most up-to-date version of a page, hold the Shift key down on the keyboard and, at the same time, use the mouse to click the refresh/reload icon of your browser. This will force the browser to download the latest version of the data.