The Prescriber Search allows users to search for information about prescribers, including:
- The state license number
- The 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- The name of the prescriber
- The name of the city and ZIP code where the prescriber is located
Filters are available to identify specific subsets of the data:
- “Provider Type” identifies the type of prescriber (e.g. medical doctor, dentist, etc.)
Different combinations of text and filters to be used. When searching by name or city, the string of letters entered will return all records that match that string. For example, a search of "Ab" will return records for “Abacab” through “Absolutum”. To capture all records, enter the percent symbol (“%”) as your criteria in any text field. If your search does not produce the expected results, refine the criteria making it less specific, such as entering only the first letter of a name.
Results returned will match the initial criteria, including:
- State license number
- Prescriber name and address (city and ZIP code)
Users can click the prescriber’s name on the returned results to obtain specific information about that prescriber, including:
- Demographic and location information, including degree and specialty
- Effective dates
- Prescriber data is updated weekly, on Mondays or the first non-holiday day of the week. The data can also be downloaded and viewed locally.
- Please contact us if the search is unavailable or for questions about the data returned.
- Sometimes web browsers show old data in search results. To ensure that your browser shows the most up-to-date version of a webpage, hold the Shift key down on the keyboard and, at the same time, use the mouse to click the refresh/reload icon of your browser. This will force the browser to download the latest version of the data.