You can search for prescribers by:
- The state license number
- The 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- The name of the prescriber
- The name of the city and ZIP code where the prescriber is located
Filters are available in conjunction with your search:
- "Prescriber Type" specifies the type of prescriber (e.g. medical doctor, dentist, etc.)
Users can click the prescriber’s name on the returned results to obtain specific information about that prescriber, including:
- Demographic and location information, including degree and specialty
- Effective dates
- The search is updated weekly and is available for download.
- Sometimes web browsers show old data in search results. To ensure that your browser shows the current version of a page, hold the Shift key down on the keyboard and, at the same time, use the mouse to click the refresh/reload icon of your browser. This will force the browser to download the latest version of the data.
- Contact VDP if the search is unavailable or for questions about the data.